Knitting and random thoughts that roll around my brain
I am: Janet wife and mother to 3
Owned by: 2 cats,1 dog, fish
chunky peanut butter
COFFEE Hobbies: Knitting, beading, spinning, reading
Passsion: Knitting, Libraries, Books
My other site: Blue Angel email me Just like Mama Kate,
Here is a picture of my latest socks. The colour is a little bright and the dark stripes don't show their true colours. The first dark stripe is maroon, the next is green, and the last is a dark grey that becomes navy.
And here is a picture of my three spindles (in their glory)
The first one is my CD spindle, the second is a pear wood spindle and the third is a cochin rosewood Bosworth that is just too beautiful for words! Too bad the words I use when spinning are not appropriate to repeat, although people keep re-assuring me that I will get it one of these days. The people on the Spindlers list through Yahoo, have been really helpful.
Lastly, here is a picture of my youngest two kids on their first day of school. Don't they look happy?
1. Would you say that you're good at keeping in touch with people? No not really. I have a terrible time getting up the nerve to use the phone, and I tend to write letters in my head, but never commit them to paper.
2. Which communication method do you usually prefer/use: e-mail, telephone, snail mail, blog comments, or meeting in person? Why? Email, and blogs/blogcomments. These are just easier for me to deal with.
3. Do you have an instant messenger program? How many? Why/why not? How often do you use it? I have ICQ and Windows Messenger. I don't use either very much anymore because they don't automatically come on when I sign on, and because of all the porn I was getting through ICQ, even with all the filters set up.
4. Do most of your close friends live nearby or far away? I have close friends? Nope, they all live away from me.
5. Are you an "out of sight, out of mind" person, or do you believe that "distance makes the heart grow fonder"? Probably a little of both.
I have been so quiet, I know. I finished my latest socks, and have a picture, I just have to post it. I also have a picture of my spindles. They are a lovely group. Too bad I still haven't figured out how to use them. I keep trying though and I am sure that one of these days, either things will click, or I will throw one through the wall.
And not fibre related, today I got offered a job! Yippee!!!!! My husband bought a newer van 10 days ago, and although he figured we could afford it, I knew that we were going to have to do some major scrimping to pay for it. However, it won't be so bad now, and I won't have to give up my fibre addiction.