Knitting and random thoughts that roll around my brain
I am: Janet wife and mother to 3
Owned by: 2 cats,1 dog, fish
chunky peanut butter
COFFEE Hobbies: Knitting, beading, spinning, reading
Passsion: Knitting, Libraries, Books
My other site: Blue Angel email me Just like Mama Kate,
Almost finished my toeup socks! I have about 6 rows left and casting off. Then I have to go back to finish a sock that I threw against the wall in a fit of frustration. It wasn't the patterns fault that I wasn't paying attention. I was creating a very interesting looking heel but I doubt it would have fit anyone. And since I was using a dark yarn and 2.00mm needles, frogging was not something I relished doing. Ah, tomorrow, and fresh eyes!
I have sewn up one side of my green tank. It looks rather interesting. Since Squib had already knit the same pattern, I asked her for suggestions, and decided to add a little waist shaping. This is going to look nothing like the original pattern due to all the changes I made, but it was knit out of a nice cotton yarn to work with. I just hope it fits and looks presentable.
My update on the funky "Crazy Socks"...they fit me really well. Caitlyn gets a guilty look on her face whenever I wear them, but has refrained from asking me to knit her another pair. Since they were fun to knit, I probably will make her another pair, but be sure to use the yarn she picks out in person. It is a really good thing that we wear virtually the same sized shoe. :-)
Yup, it is that time again. So here are the five probing questions, and the answers.
1. Where are you right now? Sitting at my computer in the kitchen, wondering if my kids are ever going to get moving for the day.
2. What have you lost recently? I think the better question would be what have I found? However,...I have lost my patience, my innocence and my sanity. Not in that order though.
3. What was the first CD you ever purchased? Does that embarrass you now? A compilation of Love Songs that I bought for my husband in April 1989. I think that was about the time that I realized that cassettes were not the answer, and gave in to CD. First LP purchase...now that was embarrassing!
4. What is your favorite kind of writing pen? I like a very fine point, black pen. They never last around here because someone is always walking off with them. I also love a rosewood pen that my husband made for me. That one I never leave where another person can touch it.
5. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? I think it was called Moose Tracks, a chocolate base with mini peanut butter cups in it. YUMMY! However, I also like plain old vanilla with butterscotch sauce too.
And since I missed last Friday, here are the answers to those questions too.
When was the last time you...
1. ...sent a handwritten letter? I sent a thank-you note after Christmas to my Grandmothers. I sure wish they would get onto the internet though.
2. ...baked something from scratch or made something by hand? Last Friday night I baked Chocolate chip cookies from scratch. I usually leave baing to my daughter, but she has been way too busy lately.
3. ...camped in a tent? One night in 1993. But we use a tent trailer when we camp now.
4. ...volunteered your time to church, school, or community? I have done quite a bit of work both in the local elementary school, and jr. high. I also did some work with my church's youth group this spring and will do more this coming fall.
5. ...helped a stranger? Early last week, in a new yarn store I found. Does that count?
Nothing like a little Canadiana to perk me up. I just listened to "I am Cow" by the Arrogant Worms My kids think this is a hoot, and hearing my almost 6 year old sing it is really funny! I needed the laugh, believe me!
I am turning the heel on my second sock in the Opal South West yarn. It looks great!
Kate, the toe is a figure 8 cast on. I got the initial directions from Kim Salazar's Wise Needle site. I only increase to 68 stitches instead of 72. I find 72 is way too wide for my feet. The short row heel I use not the same one she gives directions for either. Strange. I cannot get a sweater knit properly, but socks are no problem at all.
Here is a picture of the pair of socks I am currently working on. At least it is the closest to finished pair. These socks are made with the Opal South West collection colour #3. I have 3 other colourways of this yarn.
I thought I would put up a picture of my Green tank. It is getting the best of me, but here is the front prior to sewing up a shoulder seam, picking up and knitting on the neck finishing and sewing up the other shoulder. However, it looks awful now. I think I am going to redo the neck on a circular needle.